A warm welcome, a place of quality and relaxation are the hallmarks of your stay
at Heatherfield House. The house is tucked peacefully into the hillside above Oban
yet is only a short walk from the town centre and its many restaurants.
The house has an interesting history having been built in 1875 and named St John’s
House, it was owned by John Stuart McCaig the philanthropic banker who commissioned
Oban’s McCaig’s Tower. The Tower was never completed as John died in 1902 and his
sister Catherine, who inherited Heatherfield, contested the will resulting in John’s
wishes for the Tower being unfulfilled.
Today, Heatherfield remains a grand house offering a taste of luxury to those who
require something a little more, with all rooms individually and tastefully decorated
to a high specification. Breakfast is equally special with homemade preserves and
curds, locally sourced sausages and free-range eggs from a local farm.
With private parking in the grounds of the house, complimentary Wifi and easy access
to road, rail and ferries, Heatherfield is a perfect location.
Please note - Room 2 has a lovely roll-top bath. This means there is no shower curtain
and so the shower is used when sitting or kneeling in the bath. Better still have
a lovely relaxing bath!